|Unit 12 What did you do last weekend? （Section B 2a-3b）|
|[字号:大 中 小] 2013-06-11 阅读次数：2391|
Unit 12 What did you do last weekend? （Section B 2a-3b）
I. Teaching objectives
1. Knowledge objectives
1) Key words:
high school, ago, India, tent, put up, moon, get a surprise, snake, move, shout to, star, jump up and down, wake...up, into, forest, ear.
—My sister finished high school two weeks ago.
—I was so scared that I couldn’t move.
— He also told me it was important not to go near a snake.
3)Reading and writing.
2. Ability skill objectives：
1)Use the past tense of the verbs to describe what happened in the past.
2)Acquire the methods and abilities of reading and writing.
3) Talk about events that happened in the past with different forms of exercises
4) Learn to talk about their own holidays.
3. Emotional objectives:
1) Help students overcome their fear of animals and encourage students to learn natural knowledge.
2) Study actively and cooperatively.
3) Gain new insights through reviewing old materials and develop the habbit of review and summary.
II. Teaching Focus and Difficult Points
1. Teaching Focus
1) Learn to use past tense and the past tense of verbs.
2) Use what has learned expertly with different forms of exercises.
2. Difficult Points
Judge the tense correctly and be able to use the past tense to describe the events happened.
III. Teaching Procedures
I . Warming- up and revision
1. Greet students.
2. By showing a series of pictures, let the students review and understand the main vocabularies in this unit which can be a good prepare for the folowing reading.
Put up the tent snake get a surprise
1. Look at the chart and fill in the blanks.
2. Ask and answer in pairs：
A: What animals are you afraid of?
B: I am afraid of the snake.
A: Why are you afraid of the snake?
B: Because it is scary.
Task 1: Fast reading:
. Read the passage quickly and answer the question: Is Lisa afraid of snake?
Task 2: Careful reading:
1. Read paragraph one carefully and answer these questions.
(1) How was Lisa’s weekend?
Lisa’s weekend was interesting but scary.
(2) Where did Lisa and her family go last weekend?
They went to India.
2. Read paragraph two carefully and fill in the blanks.
We camping in a small village in India. First, we a long bus ride to a lake in the countryside. There we up our tents and made a fire to us warm and cook food on. On the first night, we just under the moon and told each other stories. But I so tired that I to sleep early.
Check the answers:
(1) went (2) took (3) put (4) made (5) keep (6) sat (7) was (8) went
3. Read paragraph three and circle T or F.
( )1. We saw a big dog sleeping near the fire.
( )2. We shouted to our parents to let them know about the danger.
( )3. The snake moved into the forest near the lake.
( )4. My dad told me later that snake has ears and can feel things moving.
( )5. my father told me it was important not togo near a snake.
( )6. it was a very useful lesson for me.
Check the answers. F T T F T T
Task3: Intensive reading:
Read the passage again and put the phrases in order according to the passage. Then use them to retell the story.
____Snake went into the forest
____Put up our tents and cooked food.
____Learned a useful lesson
____Saw a snake and shouted to parents for help
____Snake can’t hear but can feel things moving
____My father jumped up and down in his tent
____Took a bus to a small village in India
____Told the stories under the moon, then went to sleep
The answers are: 6 2 8 4 7 5 1 3.
Listen to the passage and follow it in a low voice
1. Talk about the pictures1-6 in 3a like this:
A: --What did Tom do on Saturday morning?
B: --He cleaned the room.
2. Fill in the blanks and check the answers.
The answers are: (2) did my homework (3) helped the mom (4) went to the library (5)played soccer (6) watched TV
Make a servery in groups then write according to the chart then write a short passage:
Li Hua went to Renming Zoo last Sunday .He had a good time there.
He saw many interesting annimals and fed monkeys. It was exciting
1. Finish the exercises of Tongbu P129-P130.
2 . Finish Self—Check
According to the activities of your friend last weekend ,write a composition.
Ⅷ. Board design
Unit12 What did you do last weekend?
Section B (2a—3b)
ago India moon snake move start jump forest
put up tent get a surprise shout to up and down
wake up go camping see/watch/hear/feel…doing
1. My sister finished high school two weeks ago.
2. I was so scared that I couldn’t move.
3. He also told me it was important not to go near a snake.
|返回 打印 关闭|